CitizenShipper is looking for talented professionals to join our growing team.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience building single page applications with React
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and a preference for static typing
- Experience with testing frameworks and a strong desire to write a lot of tests
- Experience with both REST as well as GraphQL APIs
- Able to bring up a new application from scratch to fulfill product requirements
- Fluent in English (candidates who cannot communicate in English will be rejected)
- Good team player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor less experienced colleagues
- Self-motivated and proactive
In your role you will:
- Build and maintain our frontend applications
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate the app with the APIs our backend services provide
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes into actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Ensure the design and implementation are optimized for smartphones
- Develop new user-facing features
- Optimize our applications for performance and scalability
- Communicate with the rest of the development team daily
- Collaborate with other stakeholders
Bonus points for:
- Experience with working remotely
- Experience with Node.js or other backend development
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as GitHub Actions or Gitlab CI
- Passionate about functional programming
- Proven experience developing and building applications (github link on repo)
As a share-economy transportation marketplace, CitizenShipper connects people who need items delivered with the drivers able to complete the delivery. Our main focus is on facilitating pet transportation – to date, we’ve helped reunite thousands of owners with their pets.
Why join us?
🌎 Our team is multicultural and international
😎 We have a “minimal meetings” culture
🤗 We have a flat organization without micromanaging.
👩💻 Everyone works remotely (from home)
🚀 We’re still growing, and you have a lot of room to grow with us
💚 Generous parental (maternity and paternity) leave policy - up to 14 weeks!
📚 $50/month book allowance
👨🏫 $2,000/year Professional development budget
🏝 Full paid light work week (max 10-15 hours) each quarter