CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can actually do the delivery. As a marketplace, we've helped tens of thousands people ship everything from pets to cars and boats.
This is a crucial role and is all about owning the design process from beginning to end, leading user-centric prototyping with a clear bias towards action. We are at a critical junction in the growth of our company, and you will play a key role in the buildout of the entire platform as we grow both our systems and platforms, but also our design teams.
We are a virtual team and all work remotely
What you'll do:
- Build out both our design capabilities, but also our team
- Think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience that delivers high value for organizations and their learners
- Tackle complex puzzles, providing users with intuitive tools and processes
- Create UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
- Collaborate with team members and customers for ideas, insights, and feedback
- Provide and receive feedback gracefully and without ego
- You value thorough research. This includes, but not limited to, competitor research, user interviews, and usability testing. You understand inspiration can be drawn from the most unlikely places
- Work with tools like Figma, Jira, Product Board, Framer, and more
- At least 3+ years web app design experience, with particular emphasis on e-commerce. Any native mobile experience will be a bonus
- At least 1+ years experience with marketplaces and/or SaaS platforms. If you have experience you think is similar, you must flag it in a short covering letter
- Experience creating and leverage coherent design systems and libraries to create cohesive design artifacts
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, design, and product management teams
- Strong ability to craft a clear narrative and paint a vision that communicates and aligns teams
- Strong focus on design/product validation through testable prototypes (Figma, Invision, etc)
- Experience with marketing micro-sites, landing pages, and email template design
- Experience with mobile app design a plus, but not required
- You have a heavy bias towards moving fast and getting things done
- Very detail oriented. In your application, tell us what your favorite movie is and why it isn’t Office Space.
Please provide a link to your portfolio.