CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can actually do the delivery. As a marketplace, we've helped tens of thousands people ship everything from pets to cars and boats.
For this role, we are seeking an individual who will own the validation and quality assurance for our Web and soon to be our mobile applications. We need someone to ensure a high level of quality and test execution of new features as well as regression tests. This role will be end to end: working alongside team members from product and engineering to help craft the right acceptance criteria, help and support the team through the sprint process, all the way down to driving end to end testing on delivery.
We are at a critical junction in the growth of our company, and you will play a key role in the buildout of the entire platform and this role will have an opportunity to grow the QA function as a whole from a single person (you) to a full blown team. .
We are a virtual team and all work remotely
What you'll do:
- Act as a lead and be the first member of our new QA team!
- You’ll establish our core principles and help built the team as we scale
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- Create test plans and strategies; develop test scripts and test data required to test various use case scenarios
- Take lead on defect triage and helping the team understand the root cause
- Actively promote a culture of inclusion and teamwork
- Work with tools like Figma, Slack, Jira, and more
- At least 4+ years Web-app QA experience, with at least 2+ years coming from a SaaS and/or a 2-sided marketplace background
- At least 1+ years of experience with mobile app testing is a bonus (and not required), but barring that you know enough to understand key platform differences between Android and iOS
- Obsessive over multi-platform, multi-browser testing, equally obsessive about documenting clean and clear steps to reproduce to ensure top clarity across the team
- You write clean and concise testing plans and work well with product to ensure Acceptance Criteria are well understood
- Have at least an interest in testing automation (eg: TestRails) and a desire to learn more.
- Experience with API testing or HTTP monitoring would be a major bonus
- You have a heavy bias towards moving fast and getting things done
- Very detail oriented. In your application, tell us what your favorite movie is and why it isn’t Office Space.