CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that operates in the United States.
We have team members across the globe, with a solid remote-only culture since the company was founded in 2008.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
About the role:
We are looking to hire a Public Relations Lead to take ownership and execute our public relations strategy and activities focused on driving the growth of SEO/Organic performance. You will have strong business hustle, and have experience in business development.
We’re looking for a self-starter with an excellent work ethic, organizational, and exemplary written communication skills, and knows how to pitch or sell a story. Having experience working in a startup or other fast-paced environment is a big plus.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a growth manager and the head of marketing to execute the PR strategy from end-to-end
- Get attention, coverage, and most importantly links from major, authoritative news outlets with maximum reach
- Research news stories that make sense to mention or write a follow-up story containing CitizenShipper
- Develop an outreach strategy to make contact with writers and reporters
- Ideate and construct highly relevant story pitches and any accompanying reference materials
- Execute cold outreach strategy to make contact, earn a response, and “sell” or pitch story ideas to acquire article links to drive traffic to the CitizenShipper website
- Track and report progress and acquired traffic
- Identify and propose new PR strategies to drive further growth
What you'll bring
- 2+ years of experience in a public relations or related role
- Previous experience and a record of success with cold-contacting reporters and writers
- A compelling storyteller with a sales mentality
- Relentless persistence to reach goals and make an impact
- Understands the importance and impact of PR on SEO
Experience working for an online marketplace