We are looking to hire a talented Content Writer to help us with a range of content projects including content for our blog, articles, proofreading, and content for our landing pages.
You are a tech-savvy self-starter with an excellent work ethic, organizational, and exemplary written communication skills. You have experience working in a startup or other fast-paced environment.
As our Content Writer, you will:
- Work closely with the SEO team to know the content requirements and optimize from an SEO standpoint
- Be able to contribute to the development of strategies that will increase reader engagement
- Actively be generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication
- Deliver quality written pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers, and boost brand awareness
- Understand the objective of each article and satisfy the user’s intent
- Ensure that the day-to-day expectations of the team are met by being prompt with deadlines
- Write copy that is researched, grammatically correct, and aligned with what we do at CitizenShipper while citing authority links and clear mention of sources for any facts or stats used in the article
- Be the ‘go-to’ person on the team for proofreading content
- Assist the team, as needed, with copy related tasks
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing content and/or copy
- Experience with SEO writing
- Mastery of the English language
- Ability to write highly researched copy while having basic etiquettes of using converting headlines and a sense of using CTA
- Ability to work and collaborate with modern tools such as Slack and Google Docs
- Experience with writing copy for different kinds of content: emails, SMS, e-books, help center articles, etc.
- A robust portfolio of digital content that demonstrates an understanding of digital web content
- Experience using WordPress or other CMS
- Basic understanding of web analytics
What You Need
- This is a remote position and requires candidates to have an available work-from-home setup
- Desktop/Laptop system requirements (recommended):
- 4th generation or higher, at least Intel i3 or equivalent processor;
- at least 4GB RAM;
- Windows 10 and above or MAC OSX operating system
- A strong and stable internet connection (A DSL, cable, or fiber wired internet service with 10 Mbps plan or higher for primary connection)
- PC Headset
- A high-definition (HD) external or integrated webcam with at least 720p resolution.
Please make sure to apply if you satisfy the required qualifications. Desired qualifications are a plus, but not a must.
When applying for this job, please include a cover letter and include answers to the following questions:
- What do you like to write about?
- Would you enjoy writing about pets?
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
CitizenShipper is a share-economy shipping and transportation marketplace that connects people who want something delivered with drivers who can actually do the delivery. As a marketplace, we focus mainly on helping pet owners find a transporter for their pets and so far we’ve helped thousands of pet owners reunite with their pets. Anyone can sign up as a driver, and search for shipments (usually long distance) on our site. People transport just about anything using CitizenShipper, but pets are extremely popular.
We are seeking a professional, hard-working and optimistic individual to assist us with a wide range of tasks relating to supporting our customers on their shipping journey.
- Our team is international
- Everyone works remotely (from home)
- We have a “minimum meetings” culture
- We’re still growing, and you have a lot of room to grow with us